121 South 17th Street
Philadelphia , PA 19103
Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Square 1682 Restaurant & Lounge EarthCare
A proud proponent of Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants EarthCare program, Square 1682's practices include:
||Here at Square 1682, we are committed to not only providing our guests with an exceptional dining experience, but also being true with our environmental and social responsibilities. In fact, our EarthCare practices include the most fundamental such as recycling, as well as only using ingredients that will not harm the earth when they reach the landfill. Thanks to Executive Chef Caitlin Mateo, our dedication translates directly to the table in flavorful dishes of the highest quality and integrity.
- All excess cooking oils and grease are recycled into bio-diesel fuels.
- Executive Chef Mateo utilizes seasonal, organic produce and meats purchased from local Philadelphia growers and farmers whenever possible.
- When selecting fish for the menu, Chef Mateo adheres to the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch program standards.
- All beef is source-verified 100% Angus and tested to be BSE-free.
- We filter and bottle our own water with the Natura Purification system, thereby reducing waste and eliminating the need to sell bottled water.
- We serve Caffe Vita Organic Coffee and Mighty Leaf Organic Tea.
- Our wine list features many organic and biodynamic selections.
- Energy-efficient lighting & low-energy LED lighting is used in kitchen & dining areas.
- We use low-flow dishwashing spray valves and faucet aerators in restrooms and hand-wash stations.
- We only use biodegradable detergents and cleaning supplies.
- We recycle all glass, paper, cardboard, corks, and aluminum. We do not use Styrofoam for any purpose.
- All take-out containers are biodegradable and made from unbleached, recycled content.
- All menus are printed on recycled paper.