121 South 17th Street
Philadelphia , PA 19103
Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Square 1682 Restaurant & Lounge EarthCare
A proud proponent of Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants EarthCare program, Square 1682's practices include:
||Providing our guests an exceptional dining experience AND being truly committed to our environmental and social responsibilities are not mutually exclusive aspirations. In fact, our EarthCare practices ensure that both our guests and the world we live in benefit. Our eco-friendly actions include the most fundamental, such as recycling, to steadfastly using only those ingredients that will not harm the earth when they reach the landfill. Our dedication translates directly to the table in flavorful dishes of the highest quality and integrity.|
- All excess cooking oils and grease are recycled into bio-diesel fuels.
- Chef de Cuisine Mateo utilizes seasonal, organic produce and meats purchased from local Philadelphia growers and farmers whenever possible.
- When selecting fish for the menu, Chef Tellez adheres to the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch program standards.
- All beef is source-verified 100% Angus and tested to be BSE-free.
- We filter and bottle our own water with the Natura Water Purification system, thereby reducing waste and eliminating the need to sell bottled water.
- We serve organic coffee, tea and juices.
- Our wine list features many organic and biodynamic selections.
- Energy-efficient lighting is used in kitchen areas and low-energy LED lighting is used for all exit lights.
- We use low-flow dishwashing spray valves and faucet aerators in bathrooms and hand-wash stations.
- Square 1682 uses only biodegradable detergents and cleaning supplies.
- We recycle all glass, paper, cardboard, corks and aluminum. We do not use Styrofoam for any purpose.
- All take-out containers and utensils are biodegradable and made from unbleached, recycled content.
- All menus are printed on recycled paper with soy ink wherever possible.